So, after a long time of not playing games at all, I decided to update Windows 10 and Nvidia's latest driver to make sure I can play games smoothly this weekend.
But turns out that every time I minimized the game (whatever the game is), the game crashed, and I can't open any application or games which used GPU (Nvidia). After taking some time, my Windows 10 get crashed BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) with the description "Driver Power State Failure".
My Specs :
Laptop Model: Asus ROG GL503GE
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU
Installed RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
- Driver Power State Failure BSOD Windows 10
- with the keyword "Prevent NVIDIA from low power state"
- The graphics card drivers would attempt to bring one of the graphics cards back from a sleeping state, it would fail and fire off the driver power state failure error.
How to solve this error :
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Set Preferred Graphics Processor = High-Performance NVIDIA processor on Global Settings
- on Settings -> Power Management Mode = set Prefer Maximum Performance