FYI: This post is the third post of the monthly roundup post, which began in June and then in July 2022.
In August 2022,
I started to focus (again) on my studies to become DevOps and Cloud Engineer by joining and completing some online classes, it is still the same e-learning platform: Dicoding.
If you have read my post before (Won some events). I received a one-month Dicoding platform learning subscription by joining IDCamp 2022 Sharing Contest Event.
So, what did I learn this month?
- Learn to make Back-End applications for Beginner with Google Cloud
- Become a Google Cloud Architect
- and Learn CI/CD Implementation
- The first class (Learn to make Back-End applications for Beginner with Google Cloud) teaches how to deploy applications to Compute Engine,
- The second one (Become a Google Cloud Architect) teaches how to plan your google cloud architecture like designing reliable architecture with the Architecture Diagramming tool first, then creating HTTP autoscaling with 2 instance groups and 2 different regions, creating a custom dashboard to monitor CPU, ram or traffic usage on VM instance, and the last one to estimate usage cost of our GCP services with GCP Pricing Calculator.
- The third one is Learn CI/CD Implementation which teaches how to implement CI/CD with Jenkins, Jenkins Blue Ocean, monitor usage with Prometheus and create a custom dashboard with Grafana. This one is so tricky because I tried to deploy it on Google Cloud, so I have to open some ports on the firewall when I install Jenkins, Prometheus, and Grafana. 😁
I use Prometheus as a data source in Grafana, and Prometheus pulls metrics from Jenkins.
And this august is the end of my Dicoding monthly subscription and my Google Cloud account trials. 😢
And... that's it.
Thank you for reading ✌️